Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Preparation for Baby... Or is it

My wonderful, loving husband had knee surgery on the 23rd, and for the most part it's been rather uneventful. However, I have been given the chance to do it all. Work, cook, clean, take care of the dogs, and take care of him. He is actually a good patient, a bit needy though. But as I clime into bed I lay there wondering if this is what it's going to be like with a little one around. I'm sure it will be different (a bit) but I'm not sure how much. I am blessed that Derrin normally takes care of the dogs. But with Derrin non weight bearing for 6 weeks, my mornings and nights have really changed. Instead of my nice 30 mins in the am to get up, get ready, eat and get in the care. It now takes me and hour and a half. Are you kidding me!!! Getting me, the house and him ready in the morning takes for ever. I'm glad I have simplified my routine. Then I get home, get him more ice, clean up, make dinner, clean up again, change the laundry, put laundry away. And maybe get to sit for about an hour (not all at once though). However, last night, I was in no mood to cook or clean, so we went to dinner (that's a whole other story :0)
By the time we got home it was 615, 28 degrees (that's cold for TX) and sleeting. I couldn't help my self I got on the couch, with both the dogs, and fell asleep. It was a great nap. I needed it. But I'm guessing with a little one around, naps like that aren't easy to come by.
Oh how our lives are going to change. What a strange new world we are getting ready to enter into.

No comments:

Post a Comment